Wednesday, May 27, 2020

A Retreat!

                                       The Male Room Challenge #137 - Landscape
Hello friends, it's time for another challenge here at The Male Room. I hope this challenge inspires you to dream or revisit any landscape that you like.

Hope you will join us in creating your masculine projects with any landscape you come up with.  For my card, I was inspired by one of the photo cards sent to me when I purchased some Stampscapes. 
rubber stamps. It reminded me of a place of retreat. These are my go to for nature scenes as I can mix and match depending on what I want to create. I decided to create a lakeside cabin scene. I stamped my cabin image using versatile onyx black ink on Stamping Up Glossy white cardstock.





















Then, I stamped my foreground image (ledge), reeds. Used Potting Soil Archival ink for the background and foreground trees. Garden Patina Archival ink for the water ripple. To add color to the scene, I used a color box blending brush to add color to the sky (CP sweet sixteen dye ink, SU Baja breeze, SU bordering Blue, and SU night of Navy).  For the water (LF merman dye ink, CP Mint to Be). For the ledge (CP Sweet sixteen, SU night of Navy, CP mint to be). I dried the ink on paper with a heat tool in between inking to prevent smearing as Im using glossy paper. For the sentiment, "Wishing you a beautiful day" is from Altenew Birch Land stamp set.

Please welcome the talented Cornelia, who is guest designing with us for this challenge. And hope you check out what the rest of the DT has come up with. Thank you for stopping by and hope you join us for this challenge.
I am entering this into the Colour Crazy Challenge - Week 20

Happy crafting and have a great day. Be safe, stay home and stay positive.
xx Clarissa

12 comments:

  1. The most awesome scene Clarissa, I'm totally blown away by your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jane, a belated comment to say thank you for your encouragement and support.

      Delete
  2. This is awesome! Those colors make it a dream! Thanks for the kind introduction and thanks for having me as your GDT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome Cornelia. I have fun looking at your cards for our challenges. Hope we see you again at TMR.

      Delete
  3. This is so stunning and detailed Clarissa but it's the colouring that has blown me away this time. You've really captured the elusive changeability of water and the delicate colours of the rocks and reeds. Just fabulous! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vicky for your appreciation. Glad you liked my card.

      Delete
  4. This is beautiful, such fabulous design.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nina for your kind and sweet words. Thank you for stopping by my blog.

      Delete
  5. I am overwhelmed by your creativity and such impressive results with ALL your work Clarissa. This is amazing, I can learn a lot from you so I had to become a follower.
    Take care
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Faith, you are so sweet. Know that I am also inspired by your work and the rest of the DT. I will check if I am following you too.

      Delete
  6. Clarissa I love your card, it is one of the finest creations and so beautiful. I think all of us have some or the other stamps but to really justify that it is really difficult. I really loved the way you've colored the scene.. Very beautiful 😍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words. Appreciate it so much.

      Delete