Friday, August 2, 2019

Encouragement Card Hop!

Hello crafty friends, first of all, a big shout out to Courtney Kreeber, Mary Polanco, and Jenn (Scrapbena Creations) for this awesome collaboration, and I am thrilled to have the opportunity to be joining this hop. If you have come from the talented Katrina Howe (video) , you are in the right place.


For this hop, I decided to use a MFT Brilliant Blooms stamp set and used my Altenew 36-pan watercolour set. I got so engrossed making this card that I forgot to take photos of each steps (really sorry about this!). Here is my finished card
To make this card, I started off by stamping my images using tattered rose distress ink similar to a photo below.
I learned this tip from Debby Hughes that you can stamp an image using the same color of the flower you are colouring. In this instance, I had chosen red and orange tones, so this color was safe. I did not bother masking my flowers as the stamp image is light anyway.
I made a color swatch for my watercolours first, as these helped me choose close colour combos as shown here
I started off using Sunkissed for my base layer. Then progressed to Orange Cream. For the highlights, I used Autumn Blaze. For the other petals, I used the same base, but added Grapevine and Crimson., and just Grapevine for the highlights.
For the leaves, I kept it simple by only using a light and dark shade of green (Forest Glades for highlights and Frayed Leaf for the base)
Here is the detail of the leaves as shown

For the flower centres, I used Warm sunshine.
To add more highlights, I used my prismacolor pencils for extra pop. The breakdown of colors are shown below:
Orange petals: Yellowed orange, Burnt ochre, Cadmium orange
Dark pink flowers: Magenta, salmon pink,  blush pink and hot pink 
Leaves: Apple green
To finish off my card, I water washed the remaining background and added splatters. I used the same tones, but just added brown or dark green. Then stamped the sentiment "weeping may endure for a night, but JOY COMES IN THE MORNING." I love this sentiment as this is so encouraging. This is from Sweet n Sassy Stamps Be Encouraged
Remember to spread the love and kindness throughout the hop. Next stop is the talented Cindy Higgins (video).  Thank you for stopping by and happy crafting!
Clarissa




32 comments:

  1. Gorgeous coloring! πŸŽ¨πŸŒΈπŸ’•

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunningly beautiful card. So love the color palette. Very creative and inspiring.

    Tricia Podmore

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello & thank you for sharing such a. Lovely & inspirational card! Blessings!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card! You've got some awesome watercolouring skills! Those flowers are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous no line watercoloring! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card ❤ thanks for sharing your creativity🌞

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! Well done, Clarissa!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really great card! Love the sentiment and I appreciate that you have introduced me to a new stamp product! Gloria USA

    ReplyDelete
  9. Clarrisa, this is a BEAUTIFUL card. So please to be a part of the hop with you. Janet

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful coloring, thank you for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This card is gorgeous. Thank you so much for joining us on the hop! Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is beautiful and will make the day brighter for anyone to receive it. Love your water coloring. thank you.

    ReplyDelete