Tuesday, August 3, 2021

Happy 8th Birthday!

 What an honour to guest design again for the Male Room Challenge, especially on your 8th birthday. As I love interactive cards, I decided to make a round tilt and pivot card for this special ocassion. Here is my card.


Here is the sketch for this challenge.

For my card, I started by diecutting three pieces of 4 1/2 " diameter round circles in my chosen colour of cardstock. For the other layers, like the cloud layer and sentiment layer, I used  two more 4 1/2" diameter diecut circles and die cut the top portion to die cut the clouds and the house border die. 

And I assembled the MFT Amazing airplane here too.

For a tutorial of this round tily and pivot card, I followed Laura Dovalo's YouTube video here. 

The tip I learned is to make sure use this dimensional foam tape for this to work. I doubled up a Heffy Doodle 3mm deep foam tape to create the space I need for the movement to work. 

Hope you have fun having a go at doing this project for your son, male friend, or grandson. 

Feel free to leave a comment of support to the other designers on this challenge. Thanks for stopping by and hope you are well and safe. 

xx Clarissa



10 comments:

  1. What a cute and festive card. Thank you for guest designing for the MAle Room Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  2. The most amazing card! Love how fun it is and the interactive element just takes it to another level. Thanks so much for guesting at our 8th birthday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the opportunity to be a guest DT on your 8th birthday. Loved playing along.

      Delete
  3. What a fun card, love how you put it all together.
    Hugs, Majda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Majda for your kind words and appreciation.

      Delete
  4. Fabulous interactive card Clarissa. I love the bold bright colours too. Thanks from being Guest Designer at The Male Room. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you MortiCraft for your appreciation. It was fun putting it all together.

      Delete
  5. Beautifull design! Thanks for playing at TMR challange

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you AndrejaM for having me for your 8th birthday.

      Delete