Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Road Trip to South Island

                                          The Male Room Challenge #142 - Travel
Hello crafty friends, welcome to another challenge. This time we are looking at travel ideas for masculine cards. Due to Covid-19 restrictions, overseas travel is unlikely to happen in the near future. But a great opportunity to visit what is local. I thought of creating a card drawing of a road trip to the south island, as we have not done this. I thought of summer time road trip travel in our camper van. Here is what I came up with. I dream of having another summer holiday, without Covid-19 of course.
Here is the image for this new challenge.
To create my card, I started by using the Lawn Fawn Large slimline with sliders die. I also incorporated the Lawn Fawn stitched hillside pop up into my card design to stretch the use of my dies. Next, I inked my  panels using twisted citron and evergreen bough distress oxide.
For the sky, I used wilted violet, mermaid lagoon and tumbled glass distress oxides. To create my scene, I also die cut Lawn fawn birch trees, Sunny Studios woodland borders die, and Lawn Fawn Little town hillside add-on.  I also coloured images with my copic markers from different Lawn fawn stamps (car critters, happy trails, crazy antics, and village shops. Then I adhered all my images according to the way I dreamed the road trip/holiday would look like. I also got this sentiment "Never underestimate the therapeutic power of driving and listening to very loud music" from google. 
For the front of the card, I printed a south island map of NZ and die cut an arrow, circle and the words ROAD TRIP using Lawn Fawn Oliver's stitched ABCs and a sticker (almost there). 
For this challenge, we are welcoming Sona as our guest designer. Please give her a warm welcome by leaving some love Likewise, visit the other designers in the team and spread some love. Until next challenge.
I am entering this card to 

Happy crafting and have a great day. 
xx Clarissa

9 comments:

  1. Fab design, such depth and super to see the scene you have created. Feel like a road trip myself! Thanks for joining Time Out x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandie for your sweet and kind words. Hope to join you again in future challenges.

      Delete
  2. This is very beautiful. Nice work.
    Thank you for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Annette DT / Admin / Registered Owner for https://worldwideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous design Clarissa! Thank you for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Gale DT for  http://worldwideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gale for your kind words. Hope to participate again in your future challenges.

      Delete
  4. Hello from Blenheim NZ!! Was just looking through the cards in the Gallery (at TIME OUT) and saw your card, its brilliant. I don't see many card makers from NZ so wanted to come by and say hi. I'm on IG shona.chambers and my blog is Twine Around if you ever want to stop by. I think your card is brilliant, it has so much detail and the map on the front is genius. So very happy you joined us at TIME OUT and over the moon to find another Kiwi crafter. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Shona. Enjoyed making this card. Hope I can join your challenges again in the future.

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clarissa, this is such a beautiful work of art! I love the exciting front -which is making me want to get straight out on a road trip I can tell you! The inside is more fabulousness! I love your tiny details and the pop up section creates so much dimension. This would be such a lovely way of delivering an invitation to someone special to come on a vacation <3
    Vicky x

    ReplyDelete