Monday, August 5, 2019

AAA Birthday Challenge - Game#4 For the Boys!

Hello crafty friends. Today, I am honoured to be given the opportunity to guest design for AAA Birthday Card Challenges, Game #4, For the Boys, as we always need male card designs.


For this challenge, I was inspired by my step sons who love fishing. The best part is that we get to be blessed with fresh fish after their catch of the day. Here is my finished card.

I made this card by die cutting a 4" x 5 1/4" water colour card using SSS Bundle of Stitched shapes. Then, stamp embossed in white fish images from Studio Light Ocean View stamp set. I coloured my water colour panel using the smooshing technique from Ali Farmer's Youtube video (thanks for your helpful tip). Colours are shown below.

I spritzed water on the stamp block and got an acetate and smooshed this on the colours which I had transferred onto my panel repeatedly to get good colour coverage.
I just added one colour at a time depending on how dark or light I wanted my finish panel to look like. In between layering colours, I used my heat gun to dry the paper quickly.
This is the finished panel once dried.
I got a striped paper which I adhered onto my kraft card base.
Then decorated my card by colouring this Gone Fishing Digistamp by Nana Vic with my copic markers.
Fishing rod: C9, C5, C3 Handle: E37, E35, E33
Basket G99, G94, G43 Cane: E15, E33, E31, E00
Sentiment is a freebie
To finish off, I added a fishing hook for added effect.

Thanks for stopping by and hope you join us in this game #4 challenge, For the Boys. I can't wait to see what you come up with. Feel free to check out what the talented design team has come up with for this challenge.
Hugs and happy crafting,
Clarissa




7 comments:

  1. How amazing is your card! Great to see how it was created in your post and I think you're so very talented! Thanks for being an awesome Guest Designer at AAA Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jane for your appreciation and kind words. I really enjoyed creating this for the current challenge. Thank you for the opportunity to be a guest designer.

      Delete
  2. I love your card, Clarissa! The off set patterned paper, the emboss resist, the cute image, everything! It was awesome to have you join us as guest designer at AAA Birthday. Tina DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tina, I created this card out of my comfort zone. Glad you liked it. Thank you for having me as guest designer, such a privilege.

      Delete
  3. Awesome Card Clarissa! Loved every element of it. so pleased to have you as Guest Designer at AAA Birthday.
    Hugs,
    Mugdha DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Mughda. Your encouragement and appreciation is highly appciated.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome card Clarissa love it! Congrats to you on being an guest designer.;-)

    ReplyDelete