Wednesday, January 15, 2020

A shaker card (Clarissa, DT)

Hello crafty friends. I was inspired by the various shaker cards on the blog and so I thought of making another one, this time with a masculine theme as my FIL will be celebrating his 90th birthday next month. As one of his grandsons is a chef, I pulled out this retired SU Viola stamp set. I coloured my images with copic markers, and used a spotted black and white patterned paper from my stash for the chef's trousers.
To make the shaker element, I stacked six diecut circle frames (cut from stitched nesting dies, using the biggest size, and the next one down) from white cardstock. I ink blended the top most one in peacock feathers and broken china distress oxides. I realised that I could have ink blended the sides as well once I've stacked the diecuts. I used sequins in shades of teal, green, light blue, and light brown. To finish off my sentiment, I used retired Basic Grey diecut stickers (as I didn't have a number and birthday die on hand) and adhered it to cardstock stacked together using the same colours as my sequins. For the black panel, I heat embossed ultra fine clear hero arts embossing powder over the hero arts sunburst bold prints background stamp. Hope you (and my FIL) will like my card. 

Colours used: chef's vest: C3, C1, C0
tie: B02, B41
Cake: B02, B41, B00, YR04, Y00
candle: B02, YR04, YR00, Y00
face and hands: E00, E000, E04

I am entering this card into the following challenges:

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!
xo Clarissa







6 comments:

  1. What a fun card!! I'm sure the birthday 'gent will love receiving this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super fun card for your FIL Clarissa. I love all the little elements you've added along with the shaker portion. Thanks for entering this month's challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a super fun card - I love the colours you used. Thanks for sharing with us at The Male Room.
    Linby x
    DT

    ReplyDelete