Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Ski-sons Greetings

Hello friends. I haven't played at the AAA CAS card challenges for a while, so I thought I would give the current challenge a go. It's also a win for me as this is an excuse to make a Christmas card for 2020. This is the card I came up with.
I realised when I was planning my card, it was hard for me to keep it to one layer, so I inlayed the little town border from Lawn fawn. I added a post it paper behind the doors and windows to give the light effect. Then, I stamped my polar bear which was coloured with copic markers. To create the snow scene, I tore a piece of paper and used the edge to ink blend it with tumbled glass distress ink. Then, to make the splashing snow effect, I used the smear and swooshing technique by smearing tumbled glass distress ink, add a bit of water. Using a clear scrap acetate, I pick up the ink from my glass mat and swoosh it to my paper by lightly dabbing it. I repeated the same process using mermaid lagoon this time to deepen the snow effect. Here are some photos.
To finish my card, I added white acrylic and Distress oxide splatters  and stamped the sentiment "ski-sons greetings" below my card. 
Materials used: MFT Ski-sons stamp set
Lawn fawn- little town border die
tumbled glass distress ink, mermaid lagoon distress oxide, white acrylic paint
Copic markers for polar bear: E57, E55, E53 Clothes: B05, B02, B00 Scarf and shoes: G17, YG06,YG13 Ski: W5, W3, W1
This card is for the challenge below.
AAA cards - CAS Game #157
Thank you for stopping by and appreciating my work.
Till next project or card,
xo Clarissa







2 comments: