Sunday, February 2, 2020

Dropping by a line

Hello friends. I participated in the AAA CAS January Weekend Workout over the weekend and this is the card I came up with.
I adore this Fishin' Hole stamp and Pond Builder die from Hello Bluebird. The image is so sweet and you can do lots of layouts and cards with the images and dies. The challenge at AAA Cards was to make a CAS card with the elements OFF THE EDGE. I tried my best to capture just as bit of the pond builder die set while showing the boy still fishing. 
I started my card by planning my layout first.
Then, I used the dies to make my own stencil from surplus packaging so that my card remains as flat as possible by making a pond and grass stencil inked with tumbled glass, mowed lawn, cracked pistachio distress inks. This is the background I came up with. I use a pet feeding mat made of silicone from kmart as it is really smooth so when I ink blend away from the page first into the page, I get smoother ink blending. I learned this from the talented Ali (alilovescarmaking)
Next, I coloured my images with copic markers and adhered most of my images using liquid blue. The images I want to pop up were pointed with foam tape. For the sentiment, I stamped it using memento black and heat embossed with super fine clear embossing powder. I have always admired cards with images that show reflection on water. This is my first try to do it. Did second generation stamping and coloured the shadow with light coloured copic markers.
I am also entering this card for the following challenges:
Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting.
xx Clarissa





4 comments:

  1. Oooh this is so gorgeous! The stamps are great and look fab against the backdrop....Thank you for joining in with the Cuties xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card, thanks for sharing with the Cutie Pies. Hugs, Shona x

    ReplyDelete