Monday, January 27, 2020

Summer Time - Clarissa, DT

Hello friends, summer has finally arrived here in New Zealand, though we still have cool temperatures in the mornings. I thought of making a card with flowers, as I have been thinking of inking this Simon Says Stamp - Summer Flowers.
I planned around this challenge when I chose my colours as I picked my favourite summer dress below, see floral pattern on the right.

I stamped my images on watercolour paper with tea dye distress ink for no line colouring. I used my Arteza real brush markers and used the tip to tip technique as inspired by the amazing Mona Tóth video tutorial to add a color beside another color to get better transition. Then, I also did dip the brush tip of my marker in very little water to blend the colour in areas where I want the color to show from light to dark tones. Once finished, I accented the corners and shadows with prismacolor pencils. Here is my first panel done.
Here goes my story about a few mistakes while making this card. Stuck this to light grey cardstock and made the mistake of embossing after it which resulted in unfinished lines, so I ended up tracing over the embossing with a fine liner. Next, I decided to make this into a shaker card as well, as my previous entry link doesn't work anymore because I had changed my blog name.
When I added the shaker part, it covered my coloured flowers, so I decided to remove the shaker part very slowly (ahhhh) glad that the foam tame has not stuck well yet, and changed my card into a trifold shaker card, with the shaker part separate, with ample space for writing a note inside. A win win in the end (sigh of relief). For the shaker part, I embossed the words "let's celebrate" and stacked the "you" word twice and ink blended it using walnut stain, wild honey, and carved pumpkin.
Here is my finished card:
Other materials used: you die  - MFT YOU trio die-namics
Uniquely Creative Delicate borders die
Let's Celebrate sentiment - MFT More essential sentiments

Card entered into the following challenges:

Here is my card in action



Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.





13 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous skirt and what a superb card you made to go along with this. I adore the colours you used and your colouring is fab. To then make this a 3 fold shaker is so very creative and it just looks amazing in acton. Thanks for joining Time Out x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandie, I must have been really inspired to do this card. Thank you for your lovely comments

      Delete
  2. Beautiful shaker, love the bright colours and how you were inspired by your dress. Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday and good luck with the DT call.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jane. I really enjoyed making this card.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful cards! Love the scalloped frame on your shaker.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and glad you had stopped by to leave a lovely message.

      Delete
  4. I love that you made a trifold shaker card and your coloring is amazing!
    Thanks for joining our AAA Birthday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous, I can see your beautiful dress was the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can definitely see how that dress inspired you - the bright colours are gorgeous and your colouring is absolutely perfect! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Jill

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! That's your dress on the card, indeed! Those colors are gorgeous and I love the continuity of the stamped images on the gray cardstock. Thank you for taking time out and join us with this beautiful card. Hugs ~ Ishani.

    ReplyDelete