Wednesday, January 22, 2020

The Male Room Challenge #128 - It's Snowing

Hello crafty friends. I have some exciting news to share. I have been invited to join the talented team of The Male Room Challenge Blog, and I said yes. This is my first time to be a DT ever, so there are lots of things to learn, but I am grateful to this awesome crafting community for its support and love shared freely. Now onto the newest challenge.

We have a new challenge at TMR # 128 - It's snowing. For my card, I decided to use the Penny Black Santa's visit stamp set.  Here is my finished card:
I breakdown the steps to make my card below:

To colour my stamp, I used a new technique for me which was inspired by Jill Foster's youtube video, water colour stamping using a stamp positioner. I used Arteza real brush markers to add colour to different parts of my images.
Next, I heat embossed my image with clear embossing powder so that the image can resist any ink blending I add to the top. Here is how it looks like.
I also blended in DI salty ocean and SU night of navy to get the dark sky look. Here is my finished card with the sentiment from a retired SU set.
Thank you for stopping by. Feel free to check out our guest designer Pat's creation for this challenge. It is beautiful. In addition, please check out the wonderful creations of our DT members as well and spread the love.
I am entering this card into Jenn Shurkus' Challenge as this is my first Christmas card for 2020.

Thanks for stopping by and Happy crafting.
xo Clarissa

4 comments:

  1. A beautiful card Clarissa with this very pretty wintry scene and love the colours and beautiful ink blending. Congratulations on becoming a DT member. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a Beautiful card Clarissa, I'm grateful to know how you made this card too. Happy to see you on our DT.
    Faith DT TMR

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just brilliant, thanks for sharing your process too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoo HOOOO 1st holiday card of the year ;) and it's a beautiful one! Happy you are Get Cracking!!

    ReplyDelete