Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Happy Trails

The Male Room Challenge #130 - Use Embossing
Hello crafty friends. Welcome to another challenge at The Male Room. Before we get excited, we are also very happy to welcome Angie as our guest designer for this challenge. Pls check out her amazing card as well as the rest of TMR design team's inspiring creations.

This fortnight, we are focusing on embossing of any kind: dry embossing, heat embossing,  use of embossing paste, wet paper embossing. For my card today, I used dry embossing technique with an embossing folder from Cuttlebug (spots and dots). I must admit that this is a card making technique that I seldom do and yet it is quite basic. I decided to emboss three colours of cardstock from my stash. Then using the MFT collage cover up die-namics, I cut out a white card base. Then using the same die, cut out the squares from the colours of embossed cardstock and adhered each colour onto a square.

For my image, I used the Lawn fawn happy trails. Coloured these with copic markers and fussy cut. The colours I used were close to my coloured squares so that the colours all matched. Adhered my images onto the panel with foam squares. To finish off, I stamped "happy trails" for my outside sentiment and added a birthday greeting inside my card. 

I am also entering my card into Allsorts challenge - dies and or punches
A place to start - masculine card

Thank you for stopping by and happy crafting.
xo, Clarissa



8 comments:

  1. Such a fun card, love the colours and the layout. May need to use this idea myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clarissa, this is so cute - I love it! Thanks for inviting me for this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really lovely bright and beautiful creation. Lovely dies and design, great EF too. Thank you for joining our 'Dies or Punches' at Allsorts.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun card with all those pretty colors and a wonderful design!
    Thank you so much for joining us at Allsorts challenge this week!
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very sweet card and lovely colours, many thanks for sharing and joining in with our 'Dies and Punches' theme at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE how you have used the embossing with such bright colours on this fabulous card.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card just makes me happy! The colors, the design and the use of the embossing folder!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your use of "inchies!" I created a bunch using scrap pieces and I have found lots of uses for them in my projects. I love the bright cheery colors and the wonderful embossing on your card! Thanks so much for sharing with us at A Place To Start!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner

    ReplyDelete