Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Basketball Star

The Male Room Challenge #131 - Team Colours
Hello friends and welcome to another challenge at The Male Room. We are so excited to welcome Betty as guest designer for this challenge. I am a personal fan of her work so pls check out her amazing card as well as the other gorgeous cards by the team. 
This fortnight, we are focusing on team colours. This could mean your favourite sport team's, country's or old school's colours, and I chose my favourite team. As I come from the Philippines originally, basketball is a national sport, and when I was growing up, my favourite team, San Miguel, named after a famous beer brand. It's colours were red, yellow and black. That's where I based my colours. It was hard finding a basketball stamp, so I looked for a basketball svg file, and I found my basketball player silhouette and 'PLAY' font here. The basketball hoop and ball svg can be found here.  It's a good thing that I have a scan n cut, so I learned to cut svg files for the first time. Yaay!

Do you like the sentiment "Practice hard, train hard, work hard and ---- harder" that I used? It was just perfect. It is the same svg file that I formatted to jpeg, printed on cardstock, as I didn't have stamp phrases as these.
Distress inks for the background: fired brick, spiced marmalade, and wild honey.
Thanks for stopping by and hope you join us for this challenge.
xo Clarissa


1 comment:

  1. All that color on your card is fantastic Clarissa! It make that black just pop off the page! And I can see how handy your scan and cut was. It must be a fun tool to have. And your sentiment is perfect for your card! xxx

    ReplyDelete