Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Love for Reading

                                   The Male Room Challenge #132 - At my Grandfather's House
Hello friends and welcome to another challenge at The Male Room. 
For this fortnight, we are focusing that could inspire you by something you could do or see at your grandfather's house. The story behind my card is this. I have always been inspired by the huge selection of books as well as my grandfather's love for reading. He was also a huge fan of reading newspaper, Time magazines, political features and current affairs. He was an eloquent speaker who loved sharing what he read to others.
For my card, I used most of my images using Mama Elephant Book Worm. I love the images in this set, so adorable. I decided to hand draw a few things like the comfy chair, side table, rug, and floor. The lamp is from Ellen Hutson Leading Ladies Book worm.  I decided to add lift the flap feature on my card as I loved these kinds of books when I was a child till now. I also hid the sentiment "When you read you never stop learning" from Mama Elephant Good Reads.  Then, I used my bone folder to  score vertical lines to add texture to the wall. I have coloured my images with Arteza real brush markers and Prismacolor pencils. Here is my card with the flaps open.
Thank you for stopping by and hope you join us for this challenge.
Happy crafting and have a great day. Be safe and stay positive.
x Clarissa





No comments:

Post a Comment