Wednesday, April 29, 2020

A parent's wish

                                         The Male Room Challenge #135 - Sentiment in Focus
Hello friends, I can't believe that a fortnight has past and we are welcoming you to another challenge at The Male Room. 
For this challenge, we are focusing on a sentiment on your masculine cards. Hope you will join us.
I started off printing this sentiment, which I got off the internet, onto my standard A2 vertical card panel using my printer. I chose this sentiment as I think it is quite a nice wish of a parent for their child or baby. I decided it to cover my whole panel as this is the focus. Next, to add some texture and interest to my panel, I used a stencil by Montage, and applied a paste (mixed distress crackle paste and distress inks) into the crevices until it was filled. Took off my stencil and let this paste air dry. Colours I used were broken china, mowed lawn and walnut stain. Once dried, I lightly blended tumbled glass and shabby shutters to cover the remaining white space. Added some washiest tape for additional accent.  I love how it has turned out.  Hope you like it too. 

Please welcome the talented Kathy, who is guest designing with us for this challenge. And hope you check out what the rest of the DT has come up with. Thank you for stopping by and hope you join us for this challenge.
Happy crafting and have a great day. Be safe, stay home and stay positive.
xx Clarissa

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card, I love the background and the sentiment is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete