Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Welcome Spring

Hello friends, i'm back with a  quick blog post. I've been wanting to make a card using this retired MFT boutique window die that my friend, Chick, lent to me. After I coloured the images from Choose Joy SSS stamp, with my coloured pencils, I decided to match these two. A window is not complete without curtains punched out of Martha Stewart Doily Lace edge punch. I also added blinds made by scoring patterned paper and folding along the score line. I added vellum with a grey paper behind it to give the illusion of darkness inside. Here is the detail.
Next, as I wanted a rustic look, I stamped the background panel with thhe woodgrain stamp from Concord & 9th Petals and Pallets stamp set, and ink blended the edges using vintage photo distress ink. For the ground, I used Spellbinders Gridiron to add texture and interest. The roofing detail is a digital stamp from Magengo Reindeer. Here is the card I came up with. Hope you like it.
I am entering this card into the following challenges:
Thanks for stopping by and stay safe, be well and happy crafting!
xx Clarissa


9 comments:

  1. A very pretty Spring creation, thanks so much for joining in with our 'Flowers and Showers' theme at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Brenda, glad that my card tied up with your current theme.

      Delete
  2. Such a sweet card, love the rustic look! Thanks so much for sharing at AAA Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty window scene, so nicely done!
    Thanks so much for sharing at Allsorts challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ellibelle, I really enjoyed making this as I thought of your challenge as well.

      Delete
  4. Sweet little window scene Clarissa. Love it! Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Keep safe, stay home and craft instead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jane, I wish I had a lot of time to craft so I can join more challenges. I hope to join again too.

      Delete
  5. What a beautiful project! I love it! Thank you so much for joining us in our challenge at Crafty Gals Corner. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.

    Judy Crafty Gals Corner DT
    Don't Mess With Me, I'm Scrappy {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete