Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Making Music

                                               The Male Room Challenge #134 - Music
Hello friends, and welcome to another challenge at The Male Room. 

For this fortnight, we are focusing on anything that inspires music in your masculine cards. Music is therapeutic during these stressful times. Hope you join us.
For the front of my card, I used the musical notes background stamp from MFT. Next, I used the Lawn Fawn stamp concert critters as I love these. I planned to make a peek-a-boo card following Jennifer McGuire's video. I added a spin to it, instead of one window, I made two. In this case though, the opening must be smaller than 4cm to fit in two windows. The window circles were die cut using Lawn Fawn reverse stitched scallop dies. If I were to make another one, I would have put the windows closer to each other, so that the image didn't get caught in the fold as shown here.
To solve this problem, I cut the part of the image caught in the fold and glued it close to the fold. Glad I managed to save the card, as I originally thought that I had to throw it. Here is the finished card when it opens. A different image pops into the window when it is opened. Such a fun interactive card, don't you think?

Measurements for this card are as follows:
Front: 10.5 x 21.5 cm, scored at 14cm
Inside 10.5 x 22 cm, scored at 11cm
Back 10.5 x 14.75, scored at 14cm

Please welcome the talented Andreja, who is guest designing with us for this challenge. And hope you check out what the rest of the DT has come up with. Thank you for stopping by and hope you join us for this challenge.
Happy crafting and have a great day. Be safe, stay home and stay positive.
x Clarissa

2 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful card, I love the holes in the front leading to a wonderful insert and sentiment, fun too.
    Faith DT TMR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Faith. I had fun making it too.

      Delete